Contacts nightmare

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by creepy crab, Dec 3, 2014.

1. creepy crab macrumors member

Hi,

Is there a way to get all the contacts from my iPhone onto icloud? At the moment every time i switch icloud on on my phone, all my locally stored contacts disappear and I have to to restore from my itunes back up. I've not used icloud to back up to before and I've decided now is the time. I presume it's deleting them all because there aren't any stored on my icloud.

The problem I'm having is that when i turn off 'contacts' in the icloud back up menu, this option is forgotten when i restore my iphone from the backup. So my options seem to be, icloud completely off, or switch icloud on and lose all my contacts. This happens basically the second I switch icloud on again.

To clarify, I just want to import my local contacts into icloud. At present, as soon as I turn icloud on I lose all of my locally stored contacts. Therefore I can't switch the contacts backup off, because they're gone as soon as i log into icloud to access that menu. And if i do this and then back up, the back up causes this selection to be forgotten.

Hope I've been clear, help would be much appreciated.

2. creepy crab thread starter macrumors member