Contacts not fully syncing from Exchange after re-build

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sfscott, Jan 30, 2013.

1. sfscott macrumors member

I had to get a new iPhone 5 yesterday after mine cracked.

I use Exchange for my mail, contacts and calendar. I restored the iPhone using a back-up and then had to manually sync apps, music, and a number of settings. I guess I do not know how to do a restore.

After having done this, the phone is missing a number of contacts. I know this because several are for family members. There may be others, but since I cannot see a contact count as in Outlook, I do not know. The contacts are there in Outlook but are not making it to the phone.

Any ideas on how to reload contacts and verify that all are on the phone? I have never had any issues in the past.

I guess I could delete and recreate the account but was hoping to avoid that given the size of my inbox, etc.

FWLIW I do have 6.1 on my phone...which is nice because that fixed the problem of iTunes cutting off songs....something the Genius Bar told me was not an Apple issue. But as of yesterday, it was and is resolved.

2. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

How long has it been? Did it say it finished restoring?

3. sfscott thread starter macrumors member

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno