zamboknee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Mac osx 10.14.6
iOS 13.5.1 (iPhone 8)

Contacts aren't syncing between my phone and my mac.
For instance, I'll create a contact on iPhone and it won't show up in my Contacts app on the MacBook.

The accounts are the same between the two devices.
I disabled the account on my MacBook in hopes of forcing a sync but that didn't work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Log into iCloud online and make sure the contacts that are listed are the same. I am guessing they aren’t. If that is the case, manually correct the iCloud contacts online and that should get all devices showing the same list.

zamboknee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
But doesn't that defeat the purpose of the syncing feature? Or will that 'jumpstart' something to self-correct?

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
I have had some issues myself for syncing. Would be nice f an expert here can chime in. There should be a way like in the past where one has the option to merge during sync between iPhone/iPad and MacBook. There was also an option to use MacBook or iPhone/Pad for sync. When there was a conflict one could choose manually which one to use or choose. What happened to all of that.

I don't want to hear about using iCloud though. This should work strictly and straight forward between computer and either iPhone or iPad without needing to use some iCloud where one has to use an outside source where one sends all their personal info to the cloud and redownload it again :rolleyes:

iTunes SYNC did this well in the past but now it seems it does not work so well and I wonder why..?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.