Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
ok so my contacts on google were playing up so I thought I would delete them off google and resync with iPhone though iTunes....... hit sync and my phone contacts have been wiped and had to restore from backup (thank god for the backup)...... anyway to stop google sync through iTunes deleting my contacts and sync them from my phone back on to google?

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
ok so my contacts on google were playing up so I thought I would delete them off google and resync with iPhone though iTunes....... hit sync and my phone contacts have been wiped and had to restore from backup (thank god for the backup)...... anyway to stop google sync through iTunes deleting my contacts and sync them from my phone back on to google?

Are you on Windows or Mac? I would suggest trying to sync your phone with your Mac or Windows address book. Export your contacts from that application and import them into google. Than use google and iPhone sync.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
sorry yeh I am on a mac, I ticked Sync Address Book Contacts but that wiped my phone contacts, since apple don't let you copy contacts to sim I couldn't import contacts so I had to restore from a backup. How do I sync to address book on mac?

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
sorry yeh I am on a mac, I ticked Sync Address Book Contacts but that wiped my phone contacts, since apple don't let you copy contacts to sim I couldn't import contacts so I had to restore from a backup. How do I sync to address book on mac?

I am without a Mac until I get home but in the mean time, you didn't have the check box checked that says "replace contacts on this iPhone" did you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.