contacts not syncing correctly with google

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andybno1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok so my contacts on google were playing up so I thought I would delete them off google and resync with iPhone though iTunes....... hit sync and my phone contacts have been wiped and had to restore from backup (thank god for the backup)...... anyway to stop google sync through iTunes deleting my contacts and sync them from my phone back on to google?

2. bstpierre macrumors 6502

Are you on Windows or Mac? I would suggest trying to sync your phone with your Mac or Windows address book. Export your contacts from that application and import them into google. Than use google and iPhone sync.

3. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

sorry yeh I am on a mac, I ticked Sync Address Book Contacts but that wiped my phone contacts, since apple don't let you copy contacts to sim I couldn't import contacts so I had to restore from a backup. How do I sync to address book on mac?

4. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I am without a Mac until I get home but in the mean time, you didn't have the check box checked that says "replace contacts on this iPhone" did you?

5. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

6. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

still having issues with this, I cant sync with google or mac address book without my iphone contacts being wiped