Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I have icloud setup on both devices and use both to send text/imessages.
However, occasionally, I'll try to send a message from my macbook and the persons contact information won't be in imessage.
I will the send the message from my iphone and the number will show up, with prior text messages on my mac but the name won't show up.

Any idea how to fix this?! I turned on/off icloud on both and both are up to date.
I'm lost.

I have a feeling its related to gmail and contacts, both devices have both contacts, the default account was different. Is there a way to unite all contacts under icloud? or Gmail, whatever works better

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You'd think if both contacts accounts were synced on both devices you wouldn't be having this issue.

If you want to use either iCloud or Google account contacts exclusively you could use the Contacts app on your Mac to copy the contacts from one account to the other by selecting all the contacts under one account and dragging them over to the account you want to continue using. Turn off contacts syncing for the one you want to "abandon".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.