Contacts not syncing?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rdunlap, Sep 26, 2016.

1. rdunlap macrumors regular

I just got my Apple Watch the other day and at first when I went into text messages it was showing the contacts for most and seemed like it was loading the others as well. Now I don't see any contacts and just numbers. Not sure why the contacts aren't showing up but want to know if there is a fix for this to make it start working again. It's a little confusing to just see numbers and not contact names when I receive calls and texts.

Thanks!

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This happened to me yesterday when setting up two factor authentication. I read a few steps that were supposed to work (reboot phone then watch then both then do a rain dance). Ultimately I just restored the watch. Series two took about 15 minutes to restore, so not bad, and everything was fixed. If you have the time I recommend just doing that.

3. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

I did both a Reset Data Sync and a restore and the contacts are still not showing up. Not sure why it's not working. It did for about a half hour when I first set up the watch and isn't now. Doesn't make any sense.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Aww shucks :(
    Is it possible to set as a new device? That might help although I think you'd lose stuff like health data.

5. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

Hi guys I have the same problem here.

All of a sudden messages on the watch show up from a number rather than the contact.

I tried Reset Sync Data but the button seems unresponsive. I press it and literally nothing happens...

Anyone got any ideas? I don't really want to lose my Activity stats from last few months so anything that avoids this welcome!