Contacts off my iPhone to my PC

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cobaltchroma, Dec 2, 2009.

1. cobaltchroma macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

going to restore my iPhone 3G and start as a brand new phone, how can i back up my contacts so i dont lose them when i start as a new phone?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Depends on whether you have a PC or Mac. For a PC use Outlook and sync the contacts to Outlook. For a Mac use Address Book.

3. cobaltchroma thread starter macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

i have PC, i dont use, or even know how to use Outlook.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, I suggest you get it, since it is the best sync for contacts (as well as calendars and notes) on a PC. You can use Windows Address Book, if you don't have access to Office, but it can only be used to sync contacts and you'll lose the pics you gave to any contact.

5. GAMan macrumors newbie

Yes i would like to ask anyone thats out there if they can help me with this. I have the iphone 3GS and i want to sync my contacts from iphone to my laptop! I am a PC user and i have Windows Vista. So they dont put Microsoft, they put Windows Mail. I would like to know how do i take my contacts from my iPhone and put them in the Windows Mail.:)

6. estebang macrumors newbie

okay well i recently got a blackberry and im switching out of the iphone. I have some old contacts in my address book about 50 or so and some AIM screen names. I want to upload all my new contacts from my phone and override the ones already on the computer without losing the ones i already have in the iphone. I have a mac book. what do i do?