iPhone Contacts on iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by HarryAinslie, Mar 13, 2014.

1. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere although i have searched the site and found no solution to this problem.

Before you answer this, i know it can be done on a mac, however other employees in our company don't have mac therefore they can't do it.

Question:

I want to add a contact via my iPhone inputting the following data;

• First Name
    • Surname
    • Company Name
    • Company Landline
    • Persons Mobile
    • Persons Email Address
    • Company Address

Once this information has been inputted, i then want this contact to show in my phone book under it's company name rather than the individuals name. The reason for this is i have over 1000 business contacts.

I'd prefer if the answer wasn't to input the wrong information in the wrong fields.

Thanks in advance

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Do you mean using iDevice, PC or iCloud ?

Using the iDevice or iCloud is simple, just use the "add field" option to get the fields you desire then input the info.

I quit using PC's long ago, so I have no idea what Windoze app might interface with Contacts but I bet a quick Google search will tell you.

3. Crispy Duck macrumors regular

I don't think you read his question properly.

I can't see any option myself to mark a contact as a Company (like you can on the Mac). It doesn't seem to be available on iCloud either.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You cannot do this.

IOS contacts are set up to alpha by name. If you had multiple people at one location, your system would be confusing.

You'd see 10's of contacts that just say Intel Corporation... And have to click into each one to find the specific person.

If I want to find the plumber I last used over a year ago and have now all but forgotten, type plumber into the search field.

5. HarryAinslie thread starter macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

Hi Menel,

Totally understand where you're coming from, however I only use 1 person at each company so it would work for me.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I guess your way around it would be to name the person the company name and then put the actual person associated with the company in the notes.

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Just a thought.....on your 'phone:-

1) Enter contact(employee) name together with personal phone number, email address etc.
    2) Under the "Notes" heading, enter Company Name.
    3) Under "add field" heading, enter job title etc.
    4) Save contact

All these could be filed in a new Group (for example, the company name).

The company will obviously have its own entry, containing business address, email etc.

In the search field, enter the Company Name. All names previously entered will show. From this list you can make your selection.

Hope this helps!