Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simonhoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Hi

The other day i was trying to load a game ("We Rule") and my phone just went nuts, the video and sound were jumping. I pressed the home button to try and get back to the main screen, i even walked away for a few mins to let it think about what it had done. But when i came back it was exactly the same so i held the off button and the home button together to force a restart and now my contacts app won't even open, but worse than that i can't make any outbound phone calls from it as the phone app won't load either.

I have tried restioring from backup, this didn't do anything.

I don't think i have the contacts anywhere else so it will be annoying to say the least if i have lost them.

I have a 3Gs running software 4.0.2

I hope someone has seen this before or knows what to do as i can't find anything online.

simonhoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
I assume that i'm the only unlucky one that this has happened to then.

AnotherFanBoy

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
Have you tried resetting all your settings?

If not, you might want to do a full restore. If you can access your contacts through a 3rd party app like Skype or something then you can write them down before you do the wipe.

simonhoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Well a reset all settings didn't work.

looks like full restore here we come!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.