Contacts question about my first iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnnie2130, Nov 19, 2011.

1. johnnie2130 macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPhone 4 which is my first iPhone and first smart phone of any type. My contacts are on Outlook 2000 which I've learned isn't compatible with syncing to the iPhone 4. How do I get my contacts from Outlook 2000 to be able to sync them to my iPhone? Thanks.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

You might be able to export them into either Windows Address Book which can sync to your iPhone, or, failing that, a Google account.

3. johnnie2130 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went through the steps of setting up a Google account so it would sync with my iPhone. When I finished it keeps saying I entered the wrong password. I tried it online and know it's right. Is there a lowercase and caps on iPhone keyboard? What could be wrong?

4. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

5. johnnie2130 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's fine with me since I already have an address book set up for Outlook Express. What steps do I take to get this address book to my iPhone?

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

In iTunes it gives you the option from where on your PC that you want Contacts to be synced from.Check the box for Sync contacts and choose Windows Address Book.I have done this on my PC running XP.
    I hope this helps.

7. johnnie2130 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try this. Thanks!