Contact's ringtone not activating

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by kanshu, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kanshu, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

kanshu macrumors newbie

I have a contact named "Twitter" (40404) in my address book and set it to have the Twitter ringtone instead of the Tritone but whenever I receive a text message from 40404 I still get the Tritone sound and not the Twitter.

I know this works because it worked before on my iPhone 4 but now that I have a 5 and iOS 6 not sure if its a bug or something. I've tired rebooting the the phone but I'm still getting the same results.

Anyone experienced this?

Furthermore, it behaves on other address book entry. I changed one of my conatact's ringtone to Twitter but when she texts me I get the same Tritone alert tone however when she calls me the Twitter alert tone works.

2. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

This is a common question from our AutoRingtone Talking Caller ID app customers. Check the following:

1) Make sure you have their FULL phone number, including area code (and country code if applicable)

2) Check if you have multiple entries for the individual.

Even though the phone 'knows' which contact is calling, it has to match up, exclusively and exactly, with the full phone number stored for your contact.

One foolproof way to resolve this is to DELETE that contact's phone number, then have them call you (or go to Recents and find their call) and choose to Add to Existing Contact.