Contacts syncing via iCloud to devices failure

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Skoal, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Skoal macrumors 65816

Has anyone noticed this in the lates iOS 9 beta? I'm running dev betas on my MacBook Pro and phone so I'm trying to narrow it down to iOS 9 or OS X 10.11.

If I edit a contact in the OS X contacts app it doesn't seem to push it to my phone.

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I have had this issue since like iOS 8.3. However with iOS 9 it spread to iCloud Photo Library, which is a lot more frustrating to me.

With the public release of iOS 9, I'm going to completely start new. Will restore my iPad and iPhone through iTunes and set up as new, might even make a completely new iCloud account because something has been screwed up with mine for months and nothing will fix it. Content pushes from my iPad to iCloud and my other devices, but my iPhone won't push anything at all. I will try setting up my devices with my current account after the fresh install to see if that will fix it, but if it doesn't, new account it is. It seems like I've already tried setting up as new before and it didn't work. Can't remember it well though, so definitely going to try it before I go and manually transfer everything to another iCloud account. That will be fun, downloading and uploading 700 items for iCloud Photo Library with a 15/1 internet connection lol.

Anyway, all I can recommend is you set your devices up as new, and if that doesn't work, move onto a new account, because the issues feel account-related, but I'm not even sure because I haven't tried my rather... thorough fix yet. I don't know what your situation is though, so it's up to you.