Contacts

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Wheresjerry, Jun 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wheresjerry macrumors newbie

Wheresjerry

After downloading the Beta, I noticed that I have 2 of every contact in my contacts list.....how do I eliminate the doubles??

Thanks!

2. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

Did you try hitting the delete button?

If you have to ask this, you really shouldn't be installing beta software.

3. Wheresjerry thread starter macrumors newbie

Wheresjerry

That really isn't a fair response. I've obviously tried all the usual avenues to get it to work, and have been unsuccessful to get it to show properly. Sorry if my question insults your expertise.

4. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

If any duplicate arose from storing the information in more than one place – for example, information in iCloud plus information with Google – then you may wish to use the merge command. A merger should allow you to view and edit information from multiple sources as if there's just one source.

5. Wheresjerry thread starter macrumors newbie

Wheresjerry

Merging command seems to hang ...been trying that also...

6. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

@Wheresjerry use sysdiagnose to gather information for a bug report, then try this:
    1. quit all apps that are allowed to use contact information (including Calendar and Mail)
    2. log out
    3. log in
    4. launch Calendar
    5. launch Mail
    6. after both Calendar and Mail respond, launch Contacts
    7. retry a merger.

7. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

It's NOT obvious that you tried all the usual avenues. How would anyone know that? You didn't say you tried anything. Do you realize how many people in these forums can barely manage to turn their computer on without screwing something up?! It's shocking.

Sorry to be short with you, but when you look through the beta discussions, it's obvious that 99% of the people here who installed it got it illegally from file sharing sites and aren't actual developers. You have to "filter" the posts you help people in by guessing the level of their knowledge.

8. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Hi :D

9. Wheresjerry thread starter macrumors newbie

Wheresjerry

--- Post Merged, Jun 18, 2016 ---
    If it's bothersome to you, then please do not reply. Others have given great suggestions. If you read my last post, merging seems to hang. Thanks for answering tho!

10. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less. It's not like Apple charges for it and you're screwing them out of income. But you know, some people really shouldn't be installing buggy beta software just to have the latest thing. ;)

11. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

True, but I didn't assume that @Wheresjerry is that type of person :)

12. Wheresjerry thread starter macrumors newbie

Wheresjerry

Obviously I am looking for intelligent answers over troll responses! That type of person, NOT. Again MacGizmo, quit wasting your time in responding!

Thanks!

13. Volusia macrumors regular

Volusia

14. Wheresjerry thread starter macrumors newbie

Wheresjerry

I'm easygoing and always play nice.

15. besler3035 macrumors 6502a

I experienced a similar issue with the El Capitan DP. If I remember right, I had to disconnect iCloud completely, reboot, and reconnect again. Either that, or it was fixed in a future developer preview.

16. Wheresjerry thread starter macrumors newbie

Wheresjerry

Did all that then chose merge contacts again. Seems to have taken care of it. Thank you all
    --- Post Merged, Jun 18, 2016 ---

Oh and by the way, I am on the Apple Developer program, and have been for many years. Part of posting what might seem like simple questions may be just that to some, but completely legitimate to others. Maybe I helped someone else out, that's why you ask.