Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BigJohno, Jun 30, 2007.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

When I was syncing my iPhone it put all my contacts in and I dont want that. how do you delete them? or take them off the phone

2. rayward macrumors 65816

You can Restore the iPhone to factory settings, and that will wipe all the synced data. Then re-sync with the contacts option (on the "Info" tab) unchecked. As far as I know, there's no "mass delete" option on the iPhone.

3. appleii2mac macrumors regular

have you tried unselecting contacts under the sync options? Not sure if that will delete the ones that are already one there or not.

If not, you could try changing what it syncs to (windows address book instead of outlook for example with windows) so it's using something you're not using. then go down to the advanced section on the bottom of the page, and select the sync once option at the bottom.

Note, I haven't tried any of this.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Before you revert the iPhone to factory settings...does the Contacts tab let you select which groups from Address Book to add? If so, just organize the contacts you want synced to your iPhone into groups in Address Book and then sync only those groups you want to the iPhone. This is how it works on the iPod, I can't imagine the iPhone being much different.

5. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

You can create groups of contacts and only sync certain groups.

6. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

YEah thats what I did. I just made a group that didnt have anything in it and made another group with the ones i wanted.

Thanks everyone.

7. littleStef macrumors newbie

Groups?

Are groups the same as categories? I can't get any groups to show up in iTunes, but I am not exactly sure how to create groups in Outlook. I only have categories. A little help please... Thanks!