Contacts.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigD58, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BigD58 macrumors regular

Okay so I will be in line at AT&T on July 11th of course and I will become a new customer. I was just wondering if they will be able to switch my contacts over to my new iPhone from my old Verizon LG 8300 in the store :confused: Thanks!

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I think AT&T has a tool to transfer contacts from one SIM to another. Once that's done, the 2.0 firmware has an option to import SIM contacts. I'd call AT&T just to check if they can transfer contacts SIM to SIM.

3. jdcrow711 macrumors regular

verizon doesnt use sim cards -- not sure if they can or not -- unless you desperately need the contacts dont do it in line first thing in the AM though! save the folks behind you a wait!

4. brandonzar macrumors regular

I just put all of my contacts into the address book on my MBP manually so that when I get it home after buying the 3G I can just sync them over. This may not be the best bet if you have hundreds of contacts, but it gave me a chance to clear out some people that I haven't talked to for years.

5. jdcrow711 macrumors regular

does the 8300 have BT in it? my razr synced contacts into a macbook through BT and then i could just sync them back onto something else later

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

If it doesn't sync natively with your address book on your computer, you can try to download BitPim. It may support your phone and let you pull all the contacts off to your computer where they will sync.

I'm in a rough boat where I have a Sprint phone that's NOT supported by BitPim even. So it'll be a manual entry for me.

7. BigD58 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea when I try to use my bluetooth on my macbook to "browse" my phone it says that my phone doesnt have the necessary services. So i am downloading BitPim right now ill let you know if it works

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Sorry, didn't know it was a Verizon phone, my first reply is totally irrelevant :D

9. TheFam macrumors member

Can anyone confirm this?