Contemplating Old 20in Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ipodlover77, Sep 3, 2011.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Hey guys,

need your expertise on something. What is a good price to buy a 20in cinema display for (the aluminum bezel). I see deals on ebay for about 150, but the casing has scratches and such. Is the display still worth that price or should i just buy a dell, etc. I could buy the LED version but i rather keep my budget under 250. The monitor won't be used often. I also do like the fact that the cinema display matches macbooks in color scheme.

lastly, to hook it up, you need a MDP to DVI correct?

2. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

just bought a "perfect" condition 20" for 165 shipped. Thoughts?

3. rrsin macrumors newbie

Bought one last year off ebay for $200 for my macbook and sm roll top desk. Love the set up, but the monitor is beginning to fritz out...green then blue screen. Am contemplating whether or not to buy another... or just go with a new 20" monitor.:confused:

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

5. Vidivici macrumors member

I wouldn't recommend any of those old screens.
    There is no warranty on them
    So if something goes wrong even in week 1 of purchase , you'd be left with a very expensive paperweight.

You can better by a new screen.
    Matte and IPS panel like the Dell U2412M

6. MathiasVH macrumors regular

It's a fair deal. I've got both the "new" 27" and the "old" 20" in front of me, and I still prefer the 20". It's a far better screen IMO - Matte screen means a lot, and colors are generally more accurate on the 20" (I really like the 27" too, sure, but it just isn't.. The alu-quality).

No matter what it sells for normally, 165USD is a good price for a great screen :)

(I was extremely lucky and got mine for 70USD, mint, but don't worry about it)

7. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

The 27"/24" ACDs are very bright and beautiful. I think you hate the glossy screen, which I do as well.

The new ACDs are IPS displays and bright.