Contemplating selling 2.5G 16Gb phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by halesvb11, Jan 13, 2009.

1. halesvb11 macrumors newbie

I searched and I didnt see anything about this, but I know that people have done it...

1. What would I have to do to sell it? I don't have to tell AT&T, but when I go buy a new 3G, would I have to do anything fancy?

2. Best way to wipe the data on the phone? I don't have anything majorly personal on it, but I have visited my bank site quite regularly. I can delete facebook, etc.

3. I've never sold anything like this before, but I would love to get a new 3G. I am probably stoopid for doing it now with what will happen (hopefully) before the end of the year with the size bump and the other things, but with the EDGE network doing what it is, I feel the need to unload it now.

Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? Hopefully no horror stories :eek:

Thanks!

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

1) post it as a locked 1st generation iphone (unless you can unlock it yourself, which will probably increase the value of the phone)

2) upgrade to at least 2.0 software and go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings and data

3) now is a decent time to get the 3g since macworld is over, but you never know.

I hope you sell the phone soon and get to enjoy the 3g as soon as possible!