Contemporary Desks?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MascisMan, Mar 14, 2008.

1. MascisMan macrumors member

Anyone know of a good place online (or retail) that sell contemporary styled desks that are built for office/computer needs?

Im looking for a nice 4-post/leg desk that has the cutouts on the table top for cable management.

Can anyone give me a hand or post pics of your setup?

2. Bambeezer macrumors regular

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Here are 2 similar desks available on Design Within Reach, and they are currently on sale.

Attached Files:

4. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

What is your budget?

The one I just purchased, you can't get any more contemporary than this. I had to cough up close to $1000 for it, but I believe that its design is unparalleled and is a merger away from being an Apple product: The OneLessDesk by Heckler Design

Attached Files:

5. MascisMan thread starter macrumors member

Wow that is a fantastic design! I dont think there is enough work area for my tastes though. Thanks for sharing though!

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

How much work area do you need? Square feet estimate or width x depth would help.

I design and build furniture. Where in the world are you? I have students (I'm a college furniture design professor) all over and many are making good livings designing custom furniture.

The sleek metal desk shown above is indeed a nice look with an iMac (aluminum) on it, but may prove cold to the touch. It might also give you a static shock on winter days. A good designer could consider your needs, look at your equipment, and design you a new contemporary classic.

4D

7. MascisMan thread starter macrumors member

I will have to do a measurement and get back to you.

Im in Dallas, TX.

8. jaybrad macrumors member

Z Line Designs "Galaxy"

Hey MascisMan,

I've also been hunting down a contemporary desk for my Aluminum iMac and came across one at Staples for $159 that is metal/glass and goes with the iMac very well. The picture does not do it justice. I found that it is sturdy and has very good quality/detailing for the price and it has gotten some positive reviews on Staples web site.

I removed the monitor stand since it makes the iMac too high up for viewing for my taste, and since the stand is attached from underneath there is no holes showing in the top of the desk when it is removed.

Z Line Designs "Galaxy" Collection

Happy hunting! :D

Attached Files: