content filtering for mac os x

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
is there a program that blocks adult content for every account on the computer including the admin account? my son has his own computer, with one account admin account, is there a 3rd party program that blocks adult content for that one admin account? (sorry im repeating myself), tthanx ALOT in advance

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I think 10.4 has parental control already?

anyway, if your son is using an admin level account, and he knows some computer setting, I don't think there are anything you can fully control...

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
anyway, if your son is using an admin level account, and he knows some computer setting, I don't think there are anything you can fully control...
Agreed. You need to create a new Admin account for yourself, then in System Preferences>Accounts remove admin privileges from your son's account, and set up Parental Controls. It's far from bullet proof for a computer savvy kid though ;)

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
leopard parental controls?

i know ALL about it but can i make two admin accounts, and use one admin account to control the other admin account?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
well, admin acc has the privilege to delete whatever you installed.
SafeEyes requires a code to be able to uninstall it though. This is a code that changes constantly and you have to login to the SafeEyes website (as the one controlling the account, the parent) to get the code ;)

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
SafeEyes requires a code to be able to uninstall it though. This is a code that changes constantly and you have to login to the SafeEyes website (as the one controlling the account, the parent) to get the code ;)
omg, see if OP likes it....

OldCorpse

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
You could set yourself as a root user, that way you'd have more control over the computer than your son - as long as you keep the root password safe, you'll always be the most powerful user.