Resolved Content not all transferring over from iPad to iTunes library?!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ChrisTX, Apr 23, 2011.

1. ChrisTX, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011

ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

So I proceed to update iOS on my iPad only to get the typical message.

"There are purchased items on the iPad “Chris Williams’s iPad” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPad. Are you sure you want to continue?"

No big deal, I click cancel, sync up my iPad so I can back it up, and "Transfer Purchases" from File menu. However I still get this message when I go back to update no matter what I do. Is there any way to tell what items have not been transferred over(if any), or is this just a glitch, and perhaps everything has in reality been transferred? I'm selling my iPad 1 for the iPad 2 and want to get all of my apps off of the iPad as I have quite a few that will need to be transferred to the new iPad. Sorry if this is already a topic, but I didn't see any addressing this specific problem.

2. webhill macrumors newbie

Did you find a fix?

Hi,
    I know this is an old thread, but I can't seem to find a fix for this problem that I too am now experiencing. I have already synced, done the "transfer purchases" thing, made sure all of my ebooks have transferred, rebooted, restarted itunes, etc.... but, if I try to update, I get the same error message (except it says "Hillary's iPad," not your ipad :)). Does anyone know how to figure out what the phantom purchase is?