Contents of "Places" on HD don't refresh??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kirkbross, Nov 12, 2008.

1. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

Has this been discussed? I'm running Leopard 10.5.5 and even since the first version, when I open my HD and try to select one of my "Places" on the left, I have to click on it, then a different place and then back on it again to get the contents of the place I want to appear in the main window. It's not just a superficial visual glitch either. If I'm saving a pic from Photoshop, for example, and just select the "place" on the left and click save, it'll go into whatever location is represented by the contents of the main window... not the place I selected. This sucks. I'm always hunting down saved files. Pain in the ass. I'm aware there are easy work arounds, but this problem is across the whole OS, in every app and I was wondering if it's an old topic and I'm a late comer.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Repair permissions.

Make appointment with genius bar.

3. kirkbross thread starter macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

Repaired permissions. They're fine. It has done this out of the box. It's not a big deal, just takes a few extra clicks, but I figured an update would have fixed it by now. (assuming other people are experiencing the phenomenon).