Conter Dock thing at Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Gunhaver, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. Gunhaver macrumors member

    Nov 12, 2006
    Whenever I go into an Apple store on all of the computers there is like some neat little box just sitting in the middle of the desktop with like three or four icons that send you to pages with information about the computer and stuff like that.
    And for the life of me I cant figure out what that is, is there some hidden application they using? Is it some standard feature of OSX that Ive been missing out on? Its just so nifty, can anyone shed some light on it?
  2. Chone macrumors 65816


    Aug 11, 2006
    I imagine its probably an Apple-developed app to give better more intuitive access for their computers at Apple stores...
  3. shawsinio macrumors regular

    May 29, 2006
    Do you mean the part where you can book appointments and other things by clicking the icon in the middle of the screen? If so, I do remember seeing on a website an application you could use to replicate it, but I can't remember for the life of me where! Hopefully someone else could shed some light on this?


    Edit: Just done a quick Google search and found this - Docktop, is this the sort of thing you mean?
  4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603


    Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    This has been asked about a million times, please do a search and find whatever you're looking for.

    Or get Quicksilver.

Share This Page