Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
CompUser said:
I know the grounds keeper for the private island owned by the inventor of the segway.

Ah yes...the Kingdom of North Dumpling. What a strange guy...

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
xsedrinam said:
Anyone who's taken the Jungle Queen River tour out of Ft. Lauderdale has seen rows and rows of these babies either docked by private owner or for sale. The $US190M doesn't surprise me, though (hurmph....) I'd have a little cash flow challenge to cover it. :rolleyes:
Rows and rows of 400 plus footers?

Me thinks the boats that you are referring to are bit smaller in the 150-200 foot range, and a bit cheaper.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
CompUser said:
With all these terrorist threats, I would rather have a boat...or yact... or why not an ocean liner.

$190,911,500

Meh, I had one of those Yachts, but it was too small for me. ;)

1443968_1_thumb.jpg

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
How about this....and it doesn't break any rules (I even added it to my cart to verify) - $524,123.36....and we can all get one (unlike your precious 800 acres....;))

Never complain about the cost of AppleCare again

C

CompUser

nbs2 said:
How about this....and it doesn't break any rules (I even added it to my cart to verify) - $524,123.36....and we can all get one (unlike your precious 800 acres....;))

That is the most expensive legal item, but it doesn't count in my book because it's a license for 250 computers and it's not tangible.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
CompUser said:
That is the most expensive legal item, but it doesn't count in my book because it's a license for 250 computers and it's not tangible.
Touche. I presume that half million dollar diamonds are out of the question as well?

Starfall

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Denver
I like the entries I've seen so far. They seem to be in three or so categories:

1) Just the plain old most expensive thing, regardless of the rules
2) The eBay "Buy This Now" entries
3) Real shopping cart items, tangible and otherwise

All very interesting. Too bad there's no prize for the winners, other than Free Shipping, which most of the items would have, I'd guess (except the island).

(Note: I am NOT liable for charges if you accidentally buy the item in question when testing out the shopping cart!)

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
nbs2 said:

For that price, Carly Fiorina better be showing up with her toolkit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.