Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goshya

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Europe
Hello,

Has someone else stumbled upon this iOS 9 bug by any chance?

The context menu doesn't show in many 3rd party apps on devices running iOS 9 when selecting text for the first time.

You have to select text a second time for the context menu to show up.

I have seen this problem on many different devices running iOS 9. Even Microsoft has confirmed that this problem exists with Outlook. Apps showing this error: Outlook, Facebook (when using the in-app browser), Chrome, Evernote etc.

For example open the link below with Chrome, select a word by long pressing on it. No context menu. Try reloading the page to reproduce this error again.

https://bencollier.net/2016/03/unable-to-open-links-in-safari-mail-or-messages-on-ios-9-3/

image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: msephton

nightstalkerz

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2013
I've seen this problem even in system apps like safari. And using copy from the popup also works only half the time.

Haven't found a way to fix this yet.

goshya

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Europe
The Microsoft support has confirmed this bug.

I chatted with the Apple support several times and was told that they are not aware of this problem and that I should contact Microsoft, Google etc. to have them fix their apps. Ridiculous.

image.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.