Continually hitting wrong key on my keyboard...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adelwich, Aug 1, 2017.

1. adelwich macrumors newbie

I have been a Mac user for many years and recently upgraded to a 15-inch 2017 MacBook Pro.

Love the new machine and the feel of the new keyboard, but I keep hitting a key that causes the browser to reload the page. Usually, I am warned by a dialogue box that this is about to happen. Yesterday, I accidentally cleared out a survey form three different times by hitting the wrong key.

I type quickly and cannot figure out *which* key I'm hitting. I'm trying to reverse engineer this by looking through the browser documentation to find the keyboard shortcut for page reload, but it seems like most of the pre-assigned combinations involve the use of the command key.

It occurred to me that other MBP users might also have encountered this issue. Am I the only person who is encountering this problem?

2. ab298 macrumors member

In Safari ?.
    You're right that most shortcuts involve the command key. If it's a page back rather than reload, you might be hitting backspace/delete (in some browsers).

3. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

Interesting. My main problem is hitting the escape "button" on the touchbar with my resting fingers. It took me a while to realize why my computer kept barking at me.

Is it possible that you're hitting the command key instead of the spacebar and a word you are typing starts with "r" after a space and your typing speed makes it think you're hitting command+r? Or could the cursor be hovering over the reload button and your palm is triggering it?