continued Best Buy woes - anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by westo, Jun 28, 2010.

1. westo macrumors newbie

I know, I know... "you should have ordered from Apple!". Trust me, I tried. I was up at 6am eastern trying to navigate the apple online store and was at it all day between it and the AT&T site. I actually finally got through on the AT&T site, but did not order because it said it couldn't guarantee for launch day. Doh!

Anyway, I headed on down to Best Buy and was # 13 for a 32GB - and a "virtual" gurantee to get one. I wasn't promised, but was strongly led to believe I'd get one...

Lo & behold, I still don't have a phone or an idea of when BB will come through. I have an open order at the online store for a 7/14 shipping which I'll cancel if BB gets it before then, and am considering heading to the apple store tomorrow if it isn't too nuts as they're getting a shipment tomorrow.

Anyone else in teh same boat?

Paulie

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I was #13. (They got in 8, supposedly).

After getting a bunch of BS crap answers from them, I decided to go wait in line at Apple Thursday morning. I got tired of their back and forth nonsense. I never cancelled my pre-order though, but still haven't heard anything on it.

3. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

You never know what you might find. I work about 40 minutes away from the house, I have my name on a list at every BB and Apple store on that side of town.

Saturday night at 6 I'm on my way home and on a whim I call the BB near the house and the guy tells me they gave 3 still in stock. Score!

Hit the phones, be nice and you never know what you might find.

4. ballerchild macrumors newbie

Sorry to hear. I had no problems whatsoever with my preorder at Best Buy. I was actually close to #40 on the list at my store for a black 16gb and I managed to get a call the night before launch and scheduled an appointment for 11am on launch day. Walked in and left 30 mins later with a brand new, perfect iphone :D

5. phearx macrumors regular

To be honest it wasn't BB's fault, it was actually Apple and At&t who over sold it and couldn't keep track of the pre orders because the systems went down. I work at a radioshack and we were expected to get at least 20 iphones, but only got four. I understand your upset, but you cant really blame the people working at Best Buy on the number of phones they got.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

My BB store got about 40 iPhones, they said they had 31 pre orders in before they had to stop taking them.

7. ellelittle macrumors member

Ordering through Apple didn't guarantee you one on launch day either, there were a number of people that had their orders magically cancelled by Apple/ATT.

8. westo thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I understand it's not BB's fault, and I am not upset with them at all I am sorry if I gave that impression. In fact I just called to check on it for the first time since they called me to tell me it wouldn't be in stock on the day of launch. Both times I have spoken to employees at this particular BB (Burlington MA) they have been helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately, they can't give me any information at all. I know they only received 2 32GB phones on launch day, and since I am #13, I may be out of luck for a bit. Of course, I can brave the hordes tomorrow, but I canwait on BB for the time being... I have a 3GS (& 420) to help ease the pain.

9. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Really!?!

I haven't read anything about that, at all . . . especially here!

:confused:

</sarcasm>

10. irish1313 macrumors member

I was #6 and #7 at my local BB. They received 6 16's and 1 32. My wife got the 16 and I am patiently waiting for the 32's to restock. I am first on the list for the 32. On a side note, the manager did "save" me the only 16 that was not pre ordered, giving me the option of taking it. BUT - I could not return it for a 32 based on company policy. I thanked her and told her to surprise the next person walking in for an iPhone and tell them " we have 1 left".
    Still waiting.

11. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I got lucky. I pre-ordered mine at Best Buy (Torrance, CA) I was #38. Initial shipment they didn't really get that much. But the day of, they got a bunch more and they called me to set up an appointment. Too late to come in, so I came in on the 26th instead and got to use my $350 RZ certs that made the phone practically free!