Continued screen artifacts in Lion Server

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by jw2002, Feb 1, 2012.

1. jw2002 macrumors 6502

I just upgraded to Lion 10.7.3, and everything seems solid so far. However, I see they still haven't fixed the problem with the black artifacts that show up when I screen share into the lion server.

2. belvdr macrumors 603

That might be a VNC thing. It's not known for its lightweight protocol and fast screen refreshes.

Note that I use VNC from my MBP to my Mini Server all the time without issues. Are you connecting from a Windows client?

3. jw2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I connect from either another Mac Mini or my MacBook using the standard Screen Sharing.app. This is definitely a lion server thing and started the day that lion got installed. I never saw it with Snow Leopard server. I've seen reports of the artifacts at other sites/forums but never a firm resolution. Also, I do not see the artifact when connecting to a computer that is running regular OS X Lion. I wonder if the default ARDAgent.app settings for lion server are different than for regular lion and that this might be causing the problem.

4. belvdr macrumors 603

That certainly is strange. I have not seen that on my Mini Server (2009 model).

I'm not sure how to even troubleshoot that.