Continuing problems with beachballs + crashing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by evaporateddwarf, Apr 20, 2011.

1. evaporateddwarf, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

evaporateddwarf macrumors regular

So, another thread from me about my 2.2Ghz SB MBP. I've had beachballs during light use(like when switching safari tabs), kernel errors + crashes. I found out my G.skill ram was defective so I took it out and put the stock RAM back in. Problem solved, right? Nope. Beachballs have persisted, programs crash, and about half an hour ago, when my computer went to sleep with the lid open, I couldn't get it to wake up. When it finally did, the screen was distorted (attached pics i took with my phone below). After shutting down, the computer was able to turn back on just fine. When running the extended hardware test with the g.skill ram, I got a 4mem/62 error. With it taken out, the extended test reveals no hardware issues.

Should I just deal with this or ask apple to replace it or look at it? I've troubleshooted with them a few times already. I never had these kinds of problems with my iMac until the logic board failed a few years down the road.

Attached Files:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Looks like the logic board may be defective. I would contact Apple. You have already taken pictures which is good (the only way to prove it if you can't reproduce it).

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Take it back to apple, your logicboard is most likely defective.