Continuing SMU issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fullsmoke, Feb 6, 2009.

1. fullsmoke macrumors newbie

I bought this MB Aluminum (2.0) back in October of 2008. For the first few months, I would have to reset my SMU due to my MB not properly waking from sleep and my built-in iSight not working. I've called Apple support and have opened two cases.

My issues continued so I decided to take it back to my local Apple store to see what could be done. They said a firmware update was coming that would address this issue--AND, if after the update I still had the issue they would ask no questions and give me a new MB in store.

The update finally came out and I updated--for the next month, things were great. However, now I'm having iSight problems again. It hasn't had a wake issue yet but I'm peeved that iSight will just stop working (no green light and it doesn't show up in my system profiler). Resetting the SMU offers a temporary fix.

Is there something I haven't tried to resolve this issue? Should I just go in and get a new MB Aluminum?

Thanks

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Seeing how they made you an offer for a new unit, just do that. Ask to swap out the HD's so you won't lose any data/need to do a backup, if you haven't already.

3. Jpoon macrumors 6502

I'd just spring for the new Macbook OP. Just clone the HDD to the new one, or like the other poster said, just swap em out.