Continuity and T-Mo's Wifi Calling

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by TheChemist, Sep 25, 2014.

1. TheChemist macrumors regular

TheChemist

Hi,

This is a question rather than a complaint.

When I enabled TMo's wifi calling in iOS8, I was presented with a warning that I would not be able to perform any calls through the laptop anymore. FWIW, I am using a late 2013 rMBP, iP5s, and the latest edition time capsule. All of which claim to have pretty quick wifi speeds.

In lay terms, I would like to know why. Is it a technical limitation? Is it imposed by Apple? Thanks for helping me make sense of this!

2. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

That would be really disappointing..I am counting on wifi calling for service in my house. If I can't use continuity at the same time that would suck....What sucks more is I live less then 30 miles from Chicago and I can't get even 1 bar in my house on garbage AT&T. I just switched from verizon and wish I could go back...However my phone is free from work... Can't complain about that.

3. TheChemist thread starter macrumors regular

TheChemist

I will remain hopeful that this is a feature that will be activated with the release of 10.10; in the same line as the SMS feature.

Interestingly the other features of continuity do work from the 5s.

4. hypno macrumors regular

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be possible. Both are using WiFi, but seems like that shouldn't be a deal breaker. What makes the most sense to me is the timelines for both new features just didn't allow for integration quite yet. Hopefully a feature add down the road.