Continuity/Hand Off Question

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by udontno, Apr 24, 2017.

1. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

I have a new 2016 15in MBP. I also have an iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro 9.7in that I want to be able to use some of the continuity features with. When typing text messages on my iPhone and my computer is out nearby, the Messages icon appears in the left corner of the dock. When I click on it, it takes me to the message but the text I had entered on my phone does not populate.

Maybe I dreamed it, but I thought that I was supposed to be able to work on my phone, then pick up on my computer.

If I can make this happen, what do I need to do?

I did search before posting, but couldn't find anything immediately.

2. graley macrumors regular

I have not been able to get copy,paste to work among devices other than with Apple apps such as Pages.

3. udontno thread starter macrumors regular

udontno

Darn. Sometimes I start typing on my phone and realize that I am sitting in front of the computer and that long text would be better typed there.

4. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Couldn't quite remember if this function works like what you want in Messages. For email, all typed words will be there.

However, if Messages just open the corresponding Windows with no words, then you can simply use universal clipboard to fix it.

5. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

i don't know if this helps, but it needs Bluetooth turned on to be functional