Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ritte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
At home using my mba 2012 with yosemite bp5 and iphone 6+ with ios 8 continuity and handoff works almost flawlessly.

At school, I can use handoff to open webpages, mails etc. but I can't make any calls (and possibly send messages in the future). Yosemite complains about that the computer and iphone is not using the same network.

In the setting of my computer and iphone I can see that the devices are connected to routers with different ip-adresses but it's still the same network. I guess that many public networks uses externers etc. to cover a big area.

Most of the time I'm using my mba in school, and it would be great if continuity could work properly in public networks.

Does anybody else have any more knowledge if this will be fixed or if theres's something I can do?

Maetzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
Haven't tried that myself. But just had to think about having an iPad, iPhone and Macbook all not on mute starting to go off at the same time in the library when someone calls you.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Not doing anything different but it does work on my work's corporate wifi when any of my two devices are on together

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.