Continuity / Handoff no longer working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Putyouinmyoven, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Putyouinmyoven macrumors newbie

Hello, I have an iPhone 5s and a new MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015.

They are both signed into iCloud and Handoff is enabled on both devices, Bluetooth is turned on, same wifi etc.

When I first set up the mac, handoff worked fine, but recently I've noticed that handoff does not work, and other features of continuity also don't work, for example when i clicked the wifi in menu bar on mac previously, the iphone would show up with a tethering option, now it doesn't. Airdrop doesn't appear to work either.

The devices can not see each other in bluetooth preferences in either device at the moment. Earlier today they could see each other, but not connect.

I'm not sure what made it stop working, but trying to connect a PS4 controller via bluetooth may have played a part. Additionally, I was messing around with my old macbook pro as I'm selling it tomorrow - there was a crossover of bluetooth (both were called Elliot's Macbook Pro - I've renamed this one to just "Elliot's Macbook").

I've tried signing in and out of icloud on both devices, so I'm at a bit of a loss now :(

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Check your firewall settings. You need to allow incoming connections.

3. Putyouinmyoven thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't even have a firewall on :(