Continuity/handoff question

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Jordan246, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Jordan246 macrumors regular

Jordan246

Hi I have a question a continuity and handoff on OSx 10.10 I have a MacBook Pro 13in mid 2010 notebook I was just wandering what features will I get with continuity like SMS texting and voice call plus what features will I get with handoff and will my mac support it

2. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

Right now its still up in the air what you will be able to do with "older macs". This issue has been talked to death on here. If you want a better response look at these threads on it...
    here
    here
    and here

3. Jordan246 thread starter macrumors regular

Jordan246

My Bluetooth version is 4.2.6 does this make any difference if what features I will get with continuity and handoff

4. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

No that is the software version not what hardware version of bluetooth you have. If you read thru the 3 links I gave you it will answer all of your questions. Right now continuity/handoff is very picky about hardware. And the most asked question is "can I use a bluetooth 4.0LE dongle" the answer is no. Its all wait and see right now. Worse comes to worse you can probably buy the broadcom wifi ac/ bluetooth 4.0 card for your computer but I would wait and see if anything changes before the official launch in the fall.

5. bartonjd macrumors member

I can't seem to get Continuity or Handoff working in Yosemite DP3 / ios b3. What do I need to do to get it working?

6. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

Read all the threads listed above, I'm sure they will answer all your questions.

7. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

Same here.
    Latest Generation Macbook & iPad.

Macbook Pro 15" with Retina Display, Haswell - OS X 10.10 DP3
    iPad Air, iOS 8 B3