Continuity/iCloud just DOESN'T work anymore

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Dekema2, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

I've really been holding this problem back for a very long time now because it really is a "first world problem," but over the past year or so Continuity and iCloud have been either nonexistent or not functioning properly on both my iPhone 5s (32 GB) and mid-2014 13" (2.6 GHz/8GB/128 SSD) Retina MacBook Pro (and now it just feels like I'm using old devices when I'm not.

They operate on the latest versions of iOS and MacOS El Capitan, are both on the same WiFi network when at home or school, both have Bluetooth enabled, and are both signed into my iCloud Apple ID.

Over the past year when I've had the time to, I have reset settings, wiped and restored the iPhone, etc., to try and get Continuity working again. Nothing seems to work, and while the whole process was somewhat of a breeze upon release of both OSes, for some reason it just didn't want to work on my devices. I'm really out of ideas at this point on how I can get Continuity working (the alternative at the moment is iCloud Tabs in Safari).

With iCloud, the issues aren't as complex, but Photo Stream does not seem to work properly. If I take pictures on my iPhone they don't show up within a couple hours on my Mac, and if I add a bunch of photos into Photos on the Mac, they don't show up at all on the iPhone. I have all iCloud settings enabled for Photos and it's still buggy.

You can go through my old posts here and see my frustration with this garbage. If anyone has any kind of solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Any ideas?

Otherwise I'll bring it into the Apple Store because I'm out of them.