Continuity on iPad

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I don't remember if it's called Continuity (maybe Handoff) but it's "working" on iOS 8.0.2 with my iPad Air. Error message though. Pictures below.

Press accept and get this

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
FaceTime settings allow iPhone cell calls? If so, sign out and sign back in.
If it was FaceTime, it would have showed that on the screen (I tested it). Is it just an iOS 8 glitches that shouldn't be out yet?

Last edited:

hypno

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Sometimes I have to cycle the FaceTime setting to allow cellular calls. It is really buggy I think. I also read somewhere that all your devices have to be on the same WiFi channel (5ghz vs. 2.4 ghz) but haven't cared enough to test this as all my stuff is on 5.

Also you'll want bluetooth enabled for all your devices (don't have to be paired) if you want to use the remote personal hotspot feature. This is also really buggy for me....especially from Yosemite.

kevo0822

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
New England
I don't remember if it's called Continuity (maybe Handoff) but it's "working" on iOS 8.0.2 with my iPad Air. Error message though. Pictures below.

Press accept and get this
I had the same issue with my iPad after getting my new iPhone... I fixed it by disabling and re-enabling Facetime on my iPhone. Works perfectly now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.