Continuous scrolling

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by rmchale, Oct 23, 2012.

1. rmchale macrumors regular

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

You have to update to iBooks 3.0 first then inside where you are reading press aA>themes>scroll :cool:

4. rmchale thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. It didn't seem like a theme.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

No prob & I agree, I think they need to change the name from themes to options or something else since there are more things there now than background color options.

6. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Has the new iBooks update been pushed yet? I checked a few hours ago and it wasn't there yet.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Yeap, I have it updated. Go to the app store, check updates & you might see it, if not keep refreshing or delete and reinstall.

8. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Thanks, worked like a charm!

9. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

10. iWe macrumors regular

Thanks a lot! Never crossed my mind to look for the feature in that of all places and it seems I wasn't alone.

11. axio macrumors newbie

12. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

Looks like this doesn't work for PDFs only ebooks.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Doesn't show w all books, only ones that are coded for themes and also no PDFs.

14. lexvo macrumors 65816

Putting such an option under Themes is not the Apple way in my opinion. I was searching for this option too, I expected it to be easier. Oh well.

15. ATC macrumors 6502a

Sorry to bump an old thread but this one seems pertinent to my question and couldn't find the answer anywhere re: auto/continuous scroll.

I enabled the Scroll feature in the latest iBooks on my iPhone 5 and I can scroll fine but it doesn't seem to auto scroll where it scrolls through pages without any user input.

Is auto scroll not available in the iPhone version of iBooks?

16. midnightMachine macrumors member

I don't think there is an Auto-Scroll iBooks at all, definitely not on my iPad 4 running iBooks 3.1.. if it is there, it is hidden somewhere obscure.

17. ATC macrumors 6502a

I see. Thanks. Reading some online posts there are users, on ipad at least, who seem to have auto or continuous scroll in iBooks. Maybe they're mistaken. Weird.

It's definitely available on jailbroken devices (there are some youtube vids showing it) but I must have mistakenly assumed it's a stock feature on the new iBooks.

18. midnightMachine macrumors member

Well there is Continuous-Scroling, in that, when it is turned on, the book (only my .epub books work) is treated as one continuous document so that you don't have to flip the pages.. but it think you've already enabled that. Anyway, at least for this original thread, thats what they were referring to when they were talking about continuous-scrolling. Again, I went through my options in iBooks and did not see any option to have it scroll on its own, though it wouldn't surprise me if there are other ereader apps out there for iOS that have this feature.