Continuously asking for password

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mjm8975, Oct 4, 2015.

1. mjm8975 macrumors newbie

ok strange one here. When I'm at home or out and about everything works great. But about a month ago we stayed at a lodge in the Lake District for a week and every time I activated my watch screen it asked for my password and unlock with iPhone didn't work.

On returning home everything went back to normal. It worked fine in the house, away from home, at work and at friends etc.

Fast forward to now and we are back in the lodge in the Lake District again and it's gone back to asking for the password every time again.

The only real difference I can think is we are on public wifi here. But my wife is with me and has the same phone and watch as me but hers works fine.

In between the two times we have been here I have unpaired and repaired the watch and that hasn't helped.

Obviously being permantley locked mean I'm also not receiving any notifications.

Anyone got any suggestions?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

There might be a bug with watchOS 2. A few times so far, I've entered my passcode and a few minutes later notice the watch is locked again. I'm sure they'll catch it in a point update.

3. mjm8975 thread starter macrumors newbie

The first time this happened I was on watchOS 1.01 and now I'm on 2.0. Also it isn't just asking a few times. It's every single time I activate the screen and only at this particular location.

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Long shot, but do you have an Exchange account for email?

5. mjm8975 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have a google apps for business email address set up as an exchange account on my phone. Do you think this may be causing the problem?

6. CobraPA macrumors 6502

Is it colder and drier at the lodge? Is it possible the wrist sensors aren't detecting your wrist all the time?

7. mjm8975 thread starter macrumors newbie

No its almost identical temp and humidity really.

8. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

As I said, it's a long shot, but might be worth removing the mail account temporarily and see what happens.

9. mjm8975 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah sounded like a good call and I thought you may have nailed it there but after removing the exchange account exactly the same problem. Had a call from apple support after live chat couldn't solve it. I get the feeing they are going to want to exchange the watch but I can't see how this will solve it as it doesn't appear to be a general fault and only does it under certain conditions.