Continuously-held Right Click upon waking from Sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pyr0sphere, Feb 28, 2011.

1. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

Recently purchased a new external HDD for Time Machine.

Western Digital Portal SE 750GB - USB Powered
    http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=470

For a week or so now, whenever my Macbook wakes up from sleep, the mouse is basically stuck on right-click.

I've tried disabling my Bluetooth mouse to use the trackpad but the right-click is still there. I've had this Bluetooth mouse for well over a year, so the issue isn't related to the connectivity with respect to sleep.

Left click functionality is entirely gone and all I can do is right-click

Although it may be a stupid suggestion, this issue happened around the time I got the harddrive.

Macbook (2007 white model). Running latest version of Snow Leopard.

Have tried resetting PRAM multiple times. Googling is totally useless as any mention of "right click" leads me to irrelevant pages

The one thing I haven't tried, which may be the most obvious thing, is unplugging the hard drive to see what happens. But I have tried switching USB ports, to no avail

2. pyr0sphere thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

Pinpointed the issue to my trackpad

The moment I turn off my Bluetooth mouse, it is as if Right Click is being held down. When I move the cursor along my Desktop, I create that selection box

Tried reseting PRAM and Repairing Permissions. Neither worked

Any way to pinpoint if it's some kind of hardware issue?

3. stonefruit macrumors newbie

Hey, i have the exact same problem. I'm also running snow leopard from a MacBook White.

The only way I've been able to get rid of the right-click was to force shutdown the computer and reboot.

Do you happen to have a faulty or unsensitive trackpad click button as well? I do.

:)