Contour Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by johnryjr, Jul 15, 2008.

1. johnryjr macrumors regular

I am still deciding between film and a case for when I get my iPhone.

I have always used the "isee" cases for my iPods. They are simple and add hardly any bulk. Has anyone used it for the iPhone?

www.contourcase.com

Thanks!

John

2. Seibikitei macrumors member

I bought the Contour iSee at the Apple store when I bought my phone. Honestly I bought it as a stop gap until I recieve the new ivyskin xylo T3 because I didn't want to run around with it naked. It's not horrible but I don't know that I would want to use it on a permanent basis.

- Provides protection and fits the phone very well however the clear plastic of the case itself shows scratches. Not that big a deal since it's not the phone itself getting scratched but worth mentioning. Very noticeable on the back.

- Access for the silencer slider/switch not well thought out. When you slide it down to silence the phone the switch sits flush against the edge of the case so it takes a lot of undue effort (and fingernails) to get it back up.

- Edge around the screen is pretty thick so I feel like random crap can get trapped around it. Note: I did not apply the screen protector/film that comes with it.

- Volume controls and power button have little silicon plugs you can put in. Power can be depressed without removing the plug, volume buttons not so much.

- Not dockable while in the case (not an issue for me since I didn't buy one) but cable fits just fine. Also somewhat of a pain in the butt to get the case itself off, takes a lot of squeezing on the sides to get it to unlatch itself.

Anyways, those are my impressions. It's not a terrible case, it does it's job but like I said at the beginning I don't plan on using it on a permanent basis. If you're looking for something like this kind of hard case I would probably shop around a little more.