Contour Design Showcase Finally released

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kaidoy021, Aug 28, 2007.

1. kaidoy021 macrumors member

2. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

The case I was waiting for. Hell ya!

3. Xtgirl macrumors regular

Can someone review this and show pics as soon as they get it!!

4. Skystar macrumors 6502

Does anyone know when these will hit the Apple stores?

5. MikieMikie macrumors 6502a

This looks like just what I've been looking for.

Anyone know if it's going to be distributed through retail channels? Or is it web-purchased only?

6. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

I just ordered mine. I'll post some pics when I get it. It may be awhile because I went cheap and opted for ups ground. This is the case I've been waiting for. I had the showcase for all three generations of ipods. They are rock solid.

7. Xtgirl macrumors regular

What I am really interested in is....does it let a bunch of lint in from the exposed surfaces. I have the other contour case and while I like it(it does move a little too much at the top) all kinds of dust and lint gets in around the screen and I have to stare at that all day.

Then I cleaned it out and got scratches on the inside of the case so it looks crappy.

I think that I may have to go with the Otterbox case, if this case has the lint/dust issues...

8. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

case looks great. good things come to those who wait...I'll probably get it, but I do love my iPhone naked..:D

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

wow that looks really nice. I might have to check this case out if the reviews are good.

10. Limey55 macrumors newbie

Anything with a clip is doomed to pop off your belt at some point.

11. haub macrumors newbie

Went by the apple store yesterday and they had these in stock to my surprise so I picked one up. So far I like it. Call your apple store and see if they have any. I paid 35. Any questions let me know.

12. Xtgirl macrumors regular

Can you post pics and can you let me know if dust creeps in through the opening on the screen and ends up underneath the plastic cover annoying you to no end:)

13. netronin macrumors member

Got to agree with you here XTgirl.... my buddy's case constantly has crap underneath it and a bunch of scraches form trying to clean it. It would almost be better if they made it non-see thru (or black) so you wouldn't have to look at that crap.

14. haub macrumors newbie

i don't have a camera with me at the moment to take pics, but can speak to a few things that i've noticed so far. Overall, I think it's a good case with a tight fit (maybe too tight, read below). It does add considerable bulk to the phone though and kinda reminds me of the old handspring treos. It's still pocketable, but not as much. You will notice the difference. Take this from someone that normally "runs naked" with devices and keeps them in a front pocket :cool: The case has a nice look, though I would prefer that the clear part of the case covering the front had been excluded.

More specifics....I have a crystal film on the entire front of the iphone and it is a real tight fit to get the iphone in and out of the case. Whether or not it would be easier without the film, I'm not sure...but I've got the film on perfectly so I won't be trying that ;) As far as lint, I'm not sure at this point as I haven't had it very long, but since the fit is soo tight on the front it might not be as prevalent as it is in other cases. I did notice that once I took the phone out of the case that I saw 2 slight indentations on the crystal film around the home button where the clear part of the case is touching the front of the iphone. Also, inside the back panel of the case towards the bottom there looks to be some rough edging that it looks like they manually tried to file down (scratches that I didn't put there). I would think this would cause scratches over time.

Last thing, the case has raised edges on the front along the sides of the phone which kinda make it tough to type on vertically with the outlying keyboard characters. Being nitpicky tho on this one.

15. Skystar macrumors 6502

Just picked one of these up during my lunchbreak today (Apple Store). So far I like it a lot. It does add a bit of bulk, but also adds good grip to the phone. I need to get used to the sleep button being so recessed, but everything else is great! I love that the top of the belt clip does not dig into my hip/stomach when I am sitting down. The small "feet" on the back of the case will help the rear window clear, and newer looking, great touch indeed. As haub stated, this case fits very tight, not sure how much tighter it is because I am using a crystal film. When I had my contour isee, you can feel the phone moving inside, which always worried me. This showcase is so tight, the phone has no play while installed. So far its definately a keeper for me, and I have tried LOTS of cases from acrylic/silicone (belkin, isee, crystal jacket, incipio silicrylic, speck toughskin v2) to leather (griffin elan, dlo hip case). This case is quickly becoming my favorite..

16. jparris1 macrumors regular

This is my favorite case so far. I have used the Case-Mate Leather, the Power Support Crystal Jacket and the iSee. I had settled on the iSee, but was using the Holster from the Case-mate with it, because the clip on the iSee plastic holster was so weak. The Contour Showcase features a plastic holster with a much improved clip. Stronger and tighter. I use a horizontal pouch on my belt while at work, which holds the iSee and Contour fine, but after work I want to clip it inside my pocket. Where the iSee clip failed theShowcase clip shines.

The case is also lighter than the iSee, and I feel more protective. Mine closes tightly and I don't feel the iPhone would go flying if I dropped it (forgive me if I don't test it out) where I was sure the Power Support would split into halve if dropped and suspected the iSee would as well.

Overall i like the look, hand feel and protectiveness of te case. It seems to let in a bit of lint but so did all the other cases I used.

This is my case until something better comes along.

17. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

My Apple store does not have this case, is it hit or miss as to what product the Apple stores carry.

18. rperalta macrumors 6502

Pretty much on all Apple local stores...one store may not have the same items.

19. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

I'm glad to hear these good reviews because I ordered this case today and my iPhone arrives tomorrow. Hopefully shipping won't take too long.

20. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

21. Xtgirl macrumors regular

I bought this case yesterday to replace my Contour ISee. So far, I am extremely happy. The case protects the back and is tight enough that I don't think dust will creep in. The looks are great and it isn't so insanely tight that I have to worry about damage( I only have the power crystal on the screen).

By far the best case I have used so far....too bad I didn't have it when I dropped my phone with the ISee...the case popped off and the back of the phone got all scratched:(

22. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

can you let us know if it does infact scratch the phone in anyway. I've seen reviews where it says it does and others that don't mention it. Thanks.

23. kaidoy021 thread starter macrumors member

I've had the case for two weeks and I haven't noticed any scratches. Initially, it's very tight to pull out because its so new. You'd have to push up the iphone through the connector hole to push the iphone out. After taking it in and out of the case a few times, the case has loosened up where its a lot easier now. I have a power support film cover the top as well. I've notice a slight indention on the film from the bottom of the case, but nothing to worry about I believe. I love the case so far.

The only problem I've had is with the silence switch. Switching it on vibrate is okay, but I have to open the back latch to switch the silence switch back off. I would recommend this case to anybody. All my ipods were Contour Showcases and I've been very satisfied with this product line.

I hope this helps.

24. ccarillo macrumors newbie

tried it

I bought one and it works well but makes the phone bulky and scratches the phone a little bit

25. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Where/what does it scratch? I'm assuming it scuffs up the chrome...