Contour Flick Case vs. Incase Slider Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Iglio, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Iglio macrumors regular

So I have bought 2 belkin cases which are good, just not for me, but i would recommend them, and a **** full cover one...i really don't want to talk about that one. Here I stand, a man with a new iphone white 3g and no case :(. However I see light at the end of the tunnel with the Contour Flick Case and the Incase Slider Case. They are both very similar and I would probably be happy with either, however, I would like the community of Mac Forumians to give their input. So which one, the Contour Flick Case or the Incase Slider Case.
    LINKS

Contour Flick
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS435ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTM1NzEwMw&s=alpha

Incase Slider
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS606LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTY0MDg5NQ&s=topSellers

2. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

3. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

4. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have both, go with the Slider.

Flick is nice for.....a week, but in black it ends up looking like scratched crappy plastic in no time. The Flick also leaves the entire front bottom bezel exposed.

6. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

ARRGHHHH!!!

I just spent about 20 minutes writing a LONG ASS REVIEW for you... one for the belkin silicon case, one for the incase silicon protective cover, and one for the new black iphone3g slider from incase. This sucks, I can't believe this stupid website gave me an internal server error then logged me out and asked for my password again. :(

Anyway, basically the belkin silicon case sucked, was flimsy and got dirty really easy... and offered no protection at all.

The incase silicon case was awesome, except it scratched the crap out of my iphone chrome, and back (even with cleaning it regularly). I loved it, but it's getting returned.

The incase slider, is awesome. It fits snug, keeps dirt and dust out, offers great protection, and i have no complaints. Suggestion, get the incase slider with a power support ANTI-GLARE screen protector. Then, put the case on, and clean the screen after you put the case on. Then apply the screen protector. Buy it all, you'll love it all.

7. Nicholie macrumors regular

I'm currently testdriving the InCase Slider, and I must say I really love it. But I propose a question..

I'm wanting a case like the slider, with a clip. Is there such a thing? Are there any clips for the slider?

8. dannyar macrumors 6502

try the seidio innocase. It's thinner than a slider but same style case.also has a cutout for the apple logo. The combo comes with a holster made just for it. It's 49$ for the combo. Just ordered one 2 days ago.

9. m98evolution macrumors newbie

I also considered the Flick and Slider for my iPhone 3G. The flick looks great, I just didn't like how the bottom chrome was revealed. I had the matte black slider and it was really nice as scratches didn't really show. The phone even survived a drop on cemet from about waist high. My only complaint with the slider is that from day one, I noticed tiny scratches on the chrome and back plastic where the bottom section slides off. Currently, I am using the SwitchEasy Neo and I love it! The fit is great and the scope of protection is better as it covers the volume rocker, on/off switch and includes a plug for the USB connector and headphone jack.

10. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

It is a great setup. I just prefer the power support crystal screen protector. But you can't go wrong with either as screen protector.

11. skorpien macrumors 68020

I have both the black Flick and white Slider and I gotta say my vote's for the Slider. The Flick's concept is sound, but I found the bottom piece to be too loose and allowed way too much dirt in. I had to clean it at least every second day. Haven't had that problem with the Slider yet. Also, I found the bottom piece of the Flick to wiggle. It wasn't a perfect fit so pushing on the back of the bottom piece slid it forward and backward just a hair. This kind of got me worried about scratching, both from the piece rubbing on the iPhone and from the dirt trapped underneath it. Slider just slides off and on with no issues and doesn't move one bit once it's in place. I also like how the Slider covers the chrome bezel all the way around the phone. Mine's a bit scratched up from the Flick, but now that the Slider is on it's not noticeable anyway. Just wish I had the Slider from the get go.