Contour Flick Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by weezite, Jul 15, 2008.

1. weezite macrumors regular

Does anyone have this case? At launch I wanted to get the Griffin Nu Form case but they didn't have it in stock so I had to settle for the Wave and I feel that it is not adequetly covering my phone. I feel as though if I drop it the case will just bust open and my phone will simply fall out. I saw someone post an image of the Contour Flick case last night and instantly fell in love with it. It looks like the phone has no case at all. I just have a few questions about it before I purchase it:

1. How stable does the case feel? Would you feel safe dropping it?
    2. Does it feel like the hinge that you undo to get it to fit on a dock will wear out and break off one day?
    3. What material is the case made out of?
    4. Does it come with abything to protect the screen? I recently purchased a power support crystal film screen so I plan to use that with the Flick.

Thank you so much in advance.

2. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Keeping an eye on this thread..

Looking forward to some feedback as I like the look of this one.

3. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Only available online I think. Looked for it yesterday at the Michigan Avenue Store in downtown Chicago...and they didn't have it. I wouldn't expect anyone else to have it if they don't have it.

I ordered some stuff online (3G dock, griffin travel charger) yesterday, but I decided to forego the case and see how the Bodyguardz stuff I have coming works out. If it doesn't I'll probably be picking up one of these cases.

4. weezite thread starter macrumors regular

Been calling around and no one seems to have this case in stock. Looks like I'm going to have to order it online. Has anyone else ordered it from Apple and received it yet? Also, is there any other sites to order from? On Apple's site it says that it's going to ship in 1-2 weeks, and in order to get a refund from my Wave case, I need to return it by next Friday.

5. macman4291 macrumors regular

The flagship store in Boston had a ton of the Flick cases according to Devvoid who got one, that doesnt help me much in texas, I would love one, but I would rather pick one up in the store

6. weezite thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't help in NJ, I really wanna get one of these.

7. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Looked like a great case. But i can't wait. I need something NOW!

8. domcole macrumors regular

Seems like a good alternative to the Incase Slider for 3G

Contour Flick isn't available on the UK Apple website, still!

Not happy.

9. devvoid macrumors member

As was said before, the Boston store had a bunch of them when I went, not sure about their stock now (but I know that doesn't help you much).

1. It feels stable, but it's not a complete hard case like my old Agent-18 one, I don't think I'd feel safe dropping it.
    2. The hinge seems to be of a slightly different material than the rest of the case, it feel stable and doesn't feel like it'd break too easily.
    3. I'm not sure what the exact material is, but it feels like rubber/silicon
    4. It doesn't come with a screen protector. It's just one piece. I have a PS anti-glare screen on there and it goes great with it

10. jayway macrumors newbie

I have it.
    Had the sliding agent 18 on the old phone. liked it but scratched the hell out of my unit.
    The flip is great. look is natural, the hinge seems strong ( hard to tell untill it breaks), protection is nimimal, but feel is almost like no case at all.

over all I like it but it was the most expensive case i saw, I always am atracted to the rich ones.

Bought it at the Main SF store

11. domcole macrumors regular

I assumed the Contour Flick was plastic? If you take a look at the pictures, it's kind of shiny; rubber/silicon wouldn't be...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

We need Devviod! (sp) :D

12. jayway macrumors newbie

Hard Plastic it is

13. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Does it add much thickness to it? I'm tempted to get that and the PS protector.

14. findnemo macrumors regular

I bought it yesterday and it's absolutely amazing. I can throw it around, slide it in my pocket, it still holds the curve shape of the iphone so it fits in your hand perfectly. It absolutely does not add any thickness to the phone. The plastic is really thin and I haven't had any issue with reception problems with it on.

The plastic is hard and shows less fingerprint then the stock plastic on the iphone. The little silicon/rubber thing in the back is discrete and you can barely see/notice it.

The only thing is if your a name-whore you won't like this case. It blocks the shiny apple label on the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pictures don't do this thing justice. This case was MADE for the 3g.

PS- First picture looks like crap because it had flash that's why there's so much dust. Also I suck at taking pictures.

15. DoubleDose macrumors newbie

Just received mine from the Apple Store online. Ordered yesterday around 4 after reading some glowing praise around the forums. It looks stunning on the iphone, if it wasn't for the missing apple logo it would look naked. Hardly adds any bulk at all and keeps the sleek design. When the new incase slider comes out I might pass this off to my girlfriend if the slider is better but for the mean time this case is the best I have seen. Don't hesitate, order yours now and you might even get it the next day!

16. btcutter macrumors 6502

The Apple store in Bridgeport (portland, OR) just got them but only in Black. I am waiting for the white ones for my white 16gb!!

17. vabigpoppa macrumors member

i went to go buy this at the apple store 5th ave in nyc, they only had white though. they had a ton of them if anyones interested.

18. psxp macrumors regular

I went to all 3 Apple stores in Toronto and could only find the WHITE one fort my black 3G. Had to make do with that until I decide otherwise..

B

19. Theatrics macrumors member

Thanks for posting pictures! I've been looking all over trying to find some real world pictures of the thing since i ordered it. It already arrived at my house but I'm out of town and iPhoneless until wednesday. I hope the two apple stores I go to will have some Black ones in stock. I'm going to stop in on the way back from the airport.

20. btcutter macrumors 6502

the white one isn't good at all. it's not even pure white like the iPhone itself.

I realize that I want to SHOW the phone, not cover it up. Clear case is what I want. Agent 18 clear case with PW Crystal film is the right combo for me!

21. AGIPSY macrumors regular

I saw this case at the Apple store, took it out of the box, and thought that it felt pretty flimsy. I wasn't sure if it would really protect the phone from more than just scratches on the back. Does it feel sturdy enough once it's on the phone?

22. ceuyan macrumors member

23. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

24. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

I have this case with the Anti Glare and I think the case one of the better ones out there. Adds little to no bulk to it and it is made of polycarbonate plastic so it is very durable. However, I just ordered the BodyGuardz today and they shipped it already because I miss the glossy black look with the Apple logo. I tried the Invisible Shield and that was a piece of junk. It didnt even cover the whole phone and was impossible to put on. I should have done more research on those but I did on the Bodyguardz so hopefully this one will work out a lot better and I get 2 of them for the same price as I paid for IS that I sent back already and will get a full refund. So, if the bodyguardz fails then i will stick with the Flick case and return that one. One good thing about the Bodyguardz is that it is not as sticky and as IS BSE from all the pics and reviews I have read about it.
    Other than that, I will keep you posted on the BodyGuardz and i highly recommend the Flick case over the Contour Hard protective one for less money that has that matte finish. i heard that once you put it on silent, you have to remove the case. If you are in Dallas, all the Apple stores here have plenty of the Flick cases.

25. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

Contour Flick White

Hey Guys,

I read this thread and a few others and decided to make the jump on the white case. Sorry I don't have a digital camera to show you, but these iSight pics should do enough justice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First off, the price point on all of these cases is ridiculous. They should all be $15 or under. That said, I would pay $35 again for this case. I have the white and I don't know what the guy earlier was saying but white is very similar to the phone's. It looks better than almost any case I've seen. Also, it's super thin. It's not a super protective case, but it's enough that it might save your phone if you drop it. One concern is the bottom edge because it has no covering for the metal rim. Still, not a big deal to me. Especially since I didn't even plan on getting a case initially.

If you want a minimalist case this is a good buy for sure. It fits snug, looks great (minus no apple logo showing) and seems durable. I imagine the white will look cleaner than black over time with prints and scratches, but dirt is another story.

Also, the clip hinge on the bottom is secure and feels good, but if you plan on docking it nightly I could see it wearing out over the course of a year or two. Still this is completely skeptical, and probably worth it anyway.

I recommend this case for sure, but I did just get it so that could change in a few months. If you're tempted I'd say do it.

Edit: PS, one thing I decided to do even though the case has small foam pads on the bottom to add padding -- is add a small piece of soft paper towel between the back of the phone and the case. It doesn't cause any issues and adds just a bit more padding. I have seen cases the scratch the phone a lot and I would like to try to avoid that with this case.