Contra 4

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

So I bought Contra 4 for the DS. It is a real sequel to the Contra games. Obviously they added stuff like a few new weapons, but there's nothing crazy added, with the *possible* exception of a grappling hook that only shoots straight up so you can get to the top screen.

First off, I must say, this game is awesome. It takes you back like nothing else. I feel like I'm playing the old Contra games again, it is great.

However, I must say . . . . . d***. Holy hell. If you thought you were good at Contra games, or any old school 2D action game, try this out on Hard mode. The warning above says "Think you're the master of 2D action? Not anymore, you're not." And it is right. Dear god is it right. I went through all my lives with all my continues (that's right, continues, no save points like new, wussy games have. Old school all the way, here) and I didn't beat the first level. The *first* level! I managed, barely and with practice, to get to the halfway point so I didn't start back at the beginning of the level. Then I died again, and brutally.

Buy this game.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm sure we have a thread on this already? Meh. I didn't really care for this. Then again the only game in the series I liked was Super Probotector.

4. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I bought this on a friend's recommendation, and loved it. I love the cheeky feel. The difficulty is a great thing in my opinion.

I would be even better if you could play co-op over Wi-Fi!

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I was thinking that....why not?!?

Its all there..the 2 player part, online, wi-fi....gosh! Things I want from Contra 5!

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I wasn't sure about this game. I blame it on the pendulum that is jimmi's tastes. :p I'm going to pick it up now.

<]=)

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Is it really THAT good ? ;)