Contract Help for Current Customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atchudy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. atchudy macrumors newbie

I started a AT&T plan in April, and now would like to buy an iphone. Can I just extend my contract and get the subsidized pricing, or is there anything else I can do?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Unless you have an iphone already, your SOL. Sorry.

I'm not sure if they're selling them unsibsidized yet but that may be your only option.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You might be better off getting a v1 iPhone then upgrade when you are able to throw down some serious cash for the 3G iPhone. You may not qualify for the subsidized pricing of $199/$299...Good Luck. :(

4. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

chances are he'll spend more than the full price doing that. Might as well just go for the unsubsidized price to begin with.

You can always do what I did and what every other non-upgrade eligible customer did...and pay full price.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, do what "thor" ^^^ just said! :p

6. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

What's full price? Did you still have to activate? Where did you buy it?

-jt2

7. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

The only way around this is if you paid FULL price for the phone OR you used an existing phone. If AT&T in any way subsidized the price of your current phone you're stuck with having to pay $399 and $499 respectively.

I did the same thing (back in Feb) but i used my OWN blackberry I bought on eBay. After explaining the situation to the store manager she called and had an upgrade exception made on my account. I was then able to upgrade to to 16GB iPhone for $299 on launch day.