Contract isn't up, but I'm switching. iPhone 4 or 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GKDAIR, Oct 5, 2011.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

Ok so in febuary of this year, I got an HTC Inspire 4G, I was stupid and listened to apple haters and trolls that were like "Yeah man, this phone rules! Screw Apple" blah blah blah.

The thing has broken on me twice, both times being hardware. Not to mention I flat out HATE the phone.

So the question comes. Obviously i'm going to have to pay full price. I have the money to, but which model should I get? I want to be able to upgrade to iPhone 5 when it comes out.

Anyway. I could go with the 4, its 199 for the 32gig, but full price I think it would be like 464 full price.

The iPhone 4S would be the same price, but only 16 gigs. Which honestly 16 is really all I need, i'd need to be conservative with my apps but I don't put a lot of music or games on it.

2. CoolBradG macrumors regular

Honestly if you're paying full retail I'd just get the 4S.

3. toiday macrumors regular

go with the 4S. I have 32GB but without videos but lots of music, I'm not even 8G yet.

4. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I figured. I might sell my iPad to cover the cost a bit so it doesn't take a huge chunk out of my wallet.

5. earlycuyler macrumors member

If I could afford it, I would go with the 4S because, IMO, it is substantial upgrade over the 4. Plus, if you want to sell the phone you're about to buy when the next iPhone comes out, you will get more for the 4S (which will make up a lot of the difference in the price you will pay now between the 4 and the 4S).

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

By all means buy a 4S and report back.

I'm eager to know just what's so special about this phone.

There's nothing like getting a first hand report without having to spend one's own money. :)

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Apparently Cult of Mac recommend the white 16GB Sprint iPhone 4S. 16GB because of iCloud, Sprint because of unlimited data, 4S because, well, it's the newest, and white because it doesn't show fingerprints/any cracks as bad.