Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Ok so in febuary of this year, I got an HTC Inspire 4G, I was stupid and listened to apple haters and trolls that were like "Yeah man, this phone rules! Screw Apple" blah blah blah.

The thing has broken on me twice, both times being hardware. Not to mention I flat out HATE the phone.

So the question comes. Obviously i'm going to have to pay full price. I have the money to, but which model should I get? I want to be able to upgrade to iPhone 5 when it comes out.

Anyway. I could go with the 4, its 199 for the 32gig, but full price I think it would be like 464 full price.

The iPhone 4S would be the same price, but only 16 gigs. Which honestly 16 is really all I need, i'd need to be conservative with my apps but I don't put a lot of music or games on it.

toiday

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
go with the 4S. I have 32GB but without videos but lots of music, I'm not even 8G yet.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
That's what I figured. I might sell my iPad to cover the cost a bit so it doesn't take a huge chunk out of my wallet.

earlycuyler

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2009
The foothills of Appalachia
If I could afford it, I would go with the 4S because, IMO, it is substantial upgrade over the 4. Plus, if you want to sell the phone you're about to buy when the next iPhone comes out, you will get more for the 4S (which will make up a lot of the difference in the price you will pay now between the 4 and the 4S).

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
By all means buy a 4S and report back.

I'm eager to know just what's so special about this phone.

There's nothing like getting a first hand report without having to spend one's own money. :)

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Apparently Cult of Mac recommend the white 16GB Sprint iPhone 4S. 16GB because of iCloud, Sprint because of unlimited data, 4S because, well, it's the newest, and white because it doesn't show fingerprints/any cracks as bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.