contraction counter ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tainter, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Tainter macrumors member

anybody know where i can get a pregnancy contraction counter . My wife is pregnant and we love to have a timer that measures the time and interval of contrations. I have been looking all over the net, of course there is tons for windows , but nothing for mac ? Figures . if anybody knows of any software for the iMac please let me know. I have one for the iphone called contractions , works great , but i have the phone with me and my wife need a software for home .
    thanks

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not that this answers your specific question but my wife used the itzbeen timer (counts up instead of down) to count the contractions. It was very useful and even better when our son was born because it counts up from feedings, changings, sleeping and has one bonus timer. Although, it does have an alarm function where it can count to a certain time (by 15 min increments). It also has a useful switch on the bottom to help her remember which side she nursed last (if breast feeding) and a white LED light which is useful at night. It's got a blue backlit LCD and is also quite small. You can get them at some Targets or on Amazon (I think).

Sorry if that sounds like an Ad. It was just one of the most useful things we got when we had him.

3. Tainter thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the link , sounds great , i have to see if i can find it here in canada. still looking for a contraction timer if anybody knows pls
    thanks again for the link :)