Contrast Ratio and Visible Differences in Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by meagain, Sep 22, 2014.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I went back 'again' to apple to play with the phones and on each 'pair' (pair being 6 and 6+ next to it) in each color in the store, the 6 to me clearly has a whiter cleaner white background in Settings, mail, or anywhere there's a light background. The Plus is noticeably grayer/dimmer. I checked each phone's brightness and auto-bright and they were all the same.

I noticed weather on the 6 was a lighter happier blue than the Plus.

I am assuming this is the contrast ratio difference? The 6 has a higher ratio than the Plus. I just didn't think the number difference would be very visible but I think that's what I was seeing. Else perhaps the screens are just different in tone?

I did prefer the perceived brightness of the 6 and the cleaner background colors. Anyone else notice this? It was instantaneously noticeable to me.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, these guys agree with you.

"Based on our extensive Lab tests and measurements, the iPhone 6 Plus is the Best performing Smartphone LCD display that we have ever tested."

http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone6_ShootOut.htm

Oh, wait....

4. newone757 macrumors 6502

Lmao he said a "happier" blue. Lol yes please, I like my blues as happy as I can get. Regular 6 it is!