Control Alt Delete

spacefreak4

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2005
Virginia
That was great. Every time I have to press those three buttons now it will be with a smile on my face. But that will go away fast, as my anger with Windows will once again take over...

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
I don't get the problem here. The guy laps it up lauding himself on how he 'invented' a way of causing a software restart, then proceeds to try to take the piss out of Bill. What else is Bill gonna do but be a bit peeved? I know you're gonna come up with different responses, but in reality how else is he gonna react?

It's good for a giggle, but Mr G's an easy target. If only Steve was in charge of such a company...

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
That is an absolute classic. No way Bill was faking that expression. One of those somewhat subtle comments that has a huge impact.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The goodness in me whats to believe logging into NT made Ctrl-Alt-Delete famous, but I can't help stop smirking. :rolleyes: :D ;) :p :cool: :)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
This brings up an interesting topic. Would you rather be the richest/least respected man in the world or the most respected man, but not the richest? That's the paradox that is Bill Gates.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Lacero said:
This brings up an interesting topic. Would you rather be the richest/least respected man in the world or the most respected man, but not the richest? That's the paradox that is Bill Gates.
I never knew Bill Gates wasn't respected ... The Poor man! :p

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....for those that do not remember, in the early versions of OS X - I don't recall exactly in which build it got removed - if you did a cntl+alt+del you got a pop-up that said "This is not Windows" ....oh yeah!

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
That's awesome, Duff-Man...I'd like to see a screenie of that...I'd also like to bring it back.

This video is great...anyone know where I can find Windows going blue screen during Bill Gates' keynote address?

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Lacero said:
If being respected but not being THE richest in the world meant I still had enough money that I could retire somewhere nice, definitely most respected :D