control and wheel zoom question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by charlesbronsen, Jan 4, 2009.

1. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

whenever i hold control to zoom in and out my desktop moves around with my mouse cursor like a floating desktop. Sometimes the desktop will stick and i can move the cursor around when zoomed and the desktop will not move as if i were not zoomed. does this make any sense? would love to know how to zoom both ways. thx.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Try this:

Zoom some steps into the desktop or whatever is shown on your display - only three or five steps, wait a while, the zoom springs back to 100%/normal and then zoom again.

This is the way you seem to zoom, and therefore can not move around the desktop with your mouse pointer floating around.

Just zoom at once.

PS: What do you mean by "zoom both ways"?
    Spaces is for that, what else could logically be happening by zooming out of the desktop? You could change the resolution of course.

3. charlesbronsen thread starter macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

when i zoom(ctrl=mouse wheel) to say a web page until it fills the whole display i can move my cursor out of the screen to the toolbar and the display will pan across the desktop to the toolbar, like its floating. Sometimes when zoomed into that same web page i will move my cursor up to the toolbar but the screen is locked and it will not float. There must be a way of locking the screen when zoomed because ive done it but have no idea how...